Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Security and Airline Wine

Returning from a recent trip, I of course had to purchase a bottle of wine from the area to bring home for Andrew! What I hadn't thought about were the airline regulations disallowing any large liquid carry-on items. Thankfully, I remembered this soon enough to get the wine packed into my suitcase, and not at the security check where they'd have told me to dump it or not board the plane! If you purchase wine and are going to bring it home in your "checked luggage," let me suggest that you ask the winery for one of those molded styrofoam inserts to prevent breakage...that's what I was wishing I had done as I rolled my fine bottle of wine up in my jammies and shoved it into a slipper, hoping I would not find a suitcase full of wine-soaked clothes when I got home! ...the wine DID get home just fine, but it made me think...we'll be sure to offer our traveling visitors some foam with their wine for their suitcases!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home