Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Disappearing Wine Trick!


There is a Wine Thief loose in our barrel room, making off with tasty wine samples right and left! But never fear, Andrew's got his finger on this one!

If you hear the term Wine Thief around our place, grab your glass and head for the nearest barrel. A Wine Thief is a sampling tube with a narrowed opening at either end. The tube is lowered into the barrel keeping the upper end sealed with a finger. As the name implies, it is then used to withdrawn wine, and with a lift of a finger, the thief deposits it's catch into a wineglass held ready by the nearby accomplice!

My favorite barrel to steal a sample from at the moment is our up and coming 2006 Late Harvest Syrah! This one IS a real sweet girl that keeps getting better with age. I'm looking forward to the end result and bottling it next year... that is, if there's any left after the Thief and I get done with it! No, I couldn't possibly drink THAT much by next year....could I?

I'll try to lay off the sampling and save some for you! It's a fun one!

1 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 6:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can show you a disappering act that doesn't use any tools other than the wine, glass and me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home